Getting married is a big deal, it’s a life changing event. Did you know that there are countless facts, many traditions, and timeless superstitions associated with weddings. It’s also know as one of the most expansive, expensive, and stressful processes that you can go through.
There are also a number of interesting facts related to wedding traditions.
Did you know?
- Engagement and wedding rings are worn on the fourth finger of the left hand because, a long time ago, it was thought that a vein in that finger led directly to the heart. Awww.
- A sapphire in a wedding ring means marital happiness
- In the United State, tons of gold are used to make wedding rings
- The marriage of Sheik Rashid Bin Saeed Al Maktoum’s son to Princess Salama in Dubai in May 1981 cost a whopping $44 million.
- Queen Victoria’s wedding cake weighed 300 pounds.
- Valentine’s Day and New Year’s Eve are the two busiest “marriage” days in Las Vegas, Nevada.
- Naturally, Las Vegas is the top wedding destination and they host over 100,000 weddings annually.
As far a surnaming, Hyphenating your last name after marriage is a good option to maintain your own name and heritage.
According to a study by The New York Times based on its wedding announcements, the study found that 16.2 percent of women kept their maiden names in 1990, while 29.5 percent did back in 2014.
Finding the right vendors is key for planning any weddings, regardless of destination. For example, finding a Miami wedding photographers can make or break your beach weddings, because if they proper shots aren’t taken, by a seasoned and proven professional, you’ll be left very disappointed with the results and it could leave a dark, black cloud hanging over your wedding day, and the memories of your wedding day, for a very long time.